Monday, January 24, 2011

Crutches



I thought after calling this blog 'Me and my crutches' I should actually include a picture of the infamous crutches. So here they are. I'm sure you have all seen them before so nothing exciting there.

They are my 'frenemy'.

Friend and Enemy.

I can't do anything without them, but I curse the day I ever needed them!

I must admit, I am getting better at walking with them, although I do find they are fantastic for finding random objects on the ground, usually I discover the item as my crutch is starting to slip out from under me! (favourites are toy cars, my little ponies and books......)they should also come with a non slip attachment for wet surfaces, there is some major slippage on the tiniest amount of water!!

My next review by my surgeon is coming up on Monday. I'm hopeful that he will tell me that I can start weight bearing, which means my next phase of recovery can begin, but I also feel apprehensive about it, just hoping that putting weight on my foot won't bring on pain in my foot again, its been quite good lately in that regard.

I just need to keep positive about it all, and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I came accross a very interesting website with more info on this product: www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/crutch-1875.html

    ReplyDelete