Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My new boot



So this is my new boot. (Photo taken from my perspective!)
Much more comfortable than my old daggy looking backslab, and much more fashionable if I do say so myself!!(come on, I can't wear shoes, this is as good as it gets for me at the moment!!) Even comes with its own little pump to inflate little bags around my heel to make it fit more securely.

So as it stands, I have 3 more weeks(ish) of no weight bearing, then I go back and see Dr Gooi for a review, if he gives me the all clear (fingers crossed) I can start weight bearing gradually after that. It still feels like forever away, but 3 weeks sounds better than 6 weeks. We also have to discuss when the best time will be to have my screws taken out, at this stage it will be after bubs has arrived. Not really looking forward to 3 surgeries in 6 months!!

I also had my Obstetric appointment today, bubs is looking healthy, performing some interesting calesthenics on the ultrasound (they are so flexible in there!!) and I had the sex confirmed for me, although I'm not allowed to tell a soul as my husband doesn't want to know!! At least I can start buying some new outfits for him/her.

So thats me up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment