Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good news Tuesday!

Well my appointment with my Orthopaedic surgeon couldn't have gone better this morning!!

After having a look at my foot, and pushing quite hard over all the tender parts, he was happy that I can start weight bearing again! I was so excited by that bit of news I forgot to ask the 40,000 other questions I had to ask him!

I can also stop having the daily Clexane injections (Blood thinner), AND I no longer have to wear my boot 24 hours a day!! I can sleep without a bulky, hot boot again!!

I had to have an insole put into my boot to provide arch support, but its not too uncomfortable at all. I also have to source some new shoes......I would really like some nice sparkly, stylish ones, but alas, apparently they don't provide good support, so a new pair of cross trainers or sneakers it is.

My surgeon thinks that in a couple of weeks I should be able to ditch the crutches (might have to come up with a different name for this blog!) but I have to keep the boot on for another 6 weeks, until I see him again for review.

So all in all, today has been the best day since I first broke my foot 5 weeks and 5 days ago. Hopefully the weight bearing all goes to plan and I will be chasing after my kids again before too long.

2 comments: