Saturday, February 5, 2011

On two feet




Two feet on the ground.

I am actually walking, although 'wonkily' on two feet, still with the aid of crutches, just for stability. I have been managing on just one crutch at times which is fantastic! To have one hand free occasionally is great.

My foot is a bit sore at the end of the day, and to be honest, I haven't been walking great distances, still just pottering around the house at the moment, but I'm pleased with the way things are going so far

I think it will be a while before I am confidently chasing after the kids, but I feel like I am getting a little bit of independance back - and independance is a marvellous thing. I never realised until it was taken away!

My next medical appointment is actually with my Obstetrician, so will be looking forward to seeing bubs again. Before that I have to have my glucose tolerance test - not looking forward to that one as much. I am now 26 weeks pregnant, and starting to feel bigger every day, so starting to get up on two feet couldn't have come at a better time really!

No comments:

Post a Comment